Deploying vRealize Automation 8 using Easy Installer - walkthrough
The vRealize Easy Installer helps you install vRealize Automation and VMware Identity Manager in less time than it would take to install individual products. vRealize Automation is installed, configured, managed, and upgraded only through vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager This documentation provides the step-by-step process of deploying vRealize Automation, vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, and VMware Identity Manager by using the vRealize Easy Installer.
With vRealize Easy Installer, you can:
- Install vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
- Install a new instance of vRealize Automation
- Register vRealize Automation with VMware Identity Manager
You may check the system, network and port requirements in the below VMware documentation.
- Download the Easy Installer ISO from the VMware download page and mount it :
- Choose Install for new deployment
- Go through the deployment wizard
- Enter the vCenter Server details where you want the vRealize Automation, vIDM and vRealize lifecycle manager server to be deployed.
- Accept the certificate
- Select the Compute Resource for the deployment
- Select the Storage
- Enter the Network configuration
- Set the Password for root. The entered password will be applied to vRA, vIDM and vRSLCM
- Enter vRSLCM configuration details
- Enter vIDM configuration details
- Enter vRA deployment type, license key and other config details
- Validate the inputs and Submit
- Let it run. The deployment will take some time as it will need to deploy Lifecycle manager, Identity manager and finally vRealize Automation.
- Once the Lifecycle manager deployment is done, you should be able to access the portal to check the progress of other component deployments.
- FINALLLYYY! 😀
Hope this helps 😃