Deploying vRealize Network insight 5.x - A step by step walkthrough
vRealize Network Insight delivers intelligent operations for software-defined networking and security. It helps customers build an optimized, highly-available, and secure network infrastructure across multi-cloud environments. It accelerates micro-segmentation planning and deployment, enables visibility across virtual and physical networks, and provides operational views to manage and scale VMware NSX deployments.
Port requirements :
To install vRealize Network Insight, you install the platform OVA, activate the license, generate a shared secret, and setup collector OVA
- The network and other configurations will be performed after the deplyoment of the OVA
- Power on the Platform VM and Open VM console
- Login as 'consoleuser' and enter the password.
Note: I made a mistake with the username and hence the error
- Type setup to enter configuration screen
- User Passwords
- Network configuration details
- NTP details
- Proxy details
- Once the Setup is complete, you should be able to access the Network Insight server
- Enter the license
- Generate the Collector shared secret key.
- Time to deploy the Proxy / Collector OVA
- Enter the copied Shared key here.
- Go through the setup for the Proxy server same as we did it for Platform.
- Once the Proxy OVA configuration completes the Platform detects the server and lets you Finish the wizard.
- During the first time login, it takes you through a tour. Enjoy learning 😃
Hope this helped.